Friday, February 1, 2013

February Goal Setting

I am currently working on 4 separate baby quilts--all in different stages of done-ness--and my goal for this month is to finish all four.
1. My first one should be pretty easy. All I have to do is square it and make the binding. I purchased some of Michael Miller's dumb dot online, but it is more hot pink and I'm just not feeling it. I think that I'll use the same baby pink for the binding, but I'm still not positive. Or the gray and pink dumb dots. Any suggestions? Either way I am in love with this girl starburst quilt, but since I have no baby girls I will be trying to sell it over at my etsy shop when I'm done..
Starburst girl quilt

Little man had to get in on the shot too. It's not really this wrinkly, but I couldn't get it smoothed out with him running all over.
2. I started this pinwheel quilt last month and finished the top within a week. I got stuck after an afternoon of quilting and not having much success. I am trying my hand at FMQ and did a small, tight loopy meander.
Gypsy Girl pinwheels
Hopefully this will push me to finish quilting and throw on the binding.
3. I started a second starburst quilt, but in a boy version. I've finished all the HST and flying geese and now I've started putting them together. I just messed up the placement of some of them and now have to rip out some seams. Bummer.
My baby boy swoon layout
4. I just got the fabric in for my Foxy Scout quilt today and I'm super excited! After seeing this blog and quilt:
I immediately purchased the pattern and a 1/4 yard of each print from the boy line of Les Amis by Patty Solinger for Michael Miller Fabrics. I have been eyeing this fabric since I first saw it online and once I saw this quilt I knew I had to make one for my boys. I am going to try to make it as large as I can to fit my son's bed, but we will see with how much fabric I can use. 

So that's my goal for February: 4 completely finished baby quilts. I am putting the pressure on! I need to get these done so I can try to sell  them (well at least the girl ones) to make up for all my fabric spending!


A Lovely Year of Finishes

4 comments:

Stacey Napier said...

really cute! how did you transform the swoon block into a full size quilt? Very clever. I just bought the Swoon pattern and I love it - can't wait to get started.

Cathy said...

The pink/white starburst looks almost antique! Cute...what is the size?

Chelsie C said...

Thanks! It's a 40" square. The tutorial is here: http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/2012/09/introducing-starburst-tutorial-and.html

todd ikey said...

I am loving the blue swoon block - looks like the cookie monsters had a wee nibble at it :) FMQ is looking great!